Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Bad Photo Is A Great Smudgie

I could hear Rosco letting out a whelping whine of disappointment.

"What's wrong, Roski?"  I asked.   He showed me.

"Everything's great in this photo except the ducks."



 "Oh, I see,"  I said, "they came out smudgie...."

"But why?" Rosco asked plaintively.

"Did you by any chance shoot with a zoom," I asked.

"Why yes," he replied, "I would have scared the ducks if I had gotten closer."

"Well...zooms don't work well with moving objects."

"They weren't moving!"  Rosco protested.

"Well, they were moving enough to fuzz the foto."

Rosco looked down cast.

"Oh cheer up, little doggie," I said, "make some art...

Great Art Begins with Bad Photographs..."

Rosco went off to smudgie while I wondered if the Daguerrotype had anything to do with instigating the Impressionist movement.

After a while, Rosco came back with not one, but two smudgies. 


"Crosshatch"
 

and

"Pastel"
 "Which one do you like?"  

"I like em all," I replied.

"Okay, I'll post them all...."

And off he went. 






 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment