Tuesday, November 4, 2014

wooofah-wooofah-wooofah-wooofah......

aaawooofah-wooofah-wooofah-wooofah......

I heard heavy breathing in the other room, accompanied by,

thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump....

I got up.

What's going on Roski?

Rosco looked up and then nudged the screen with his nose: LOOK



"Wow" I said, "that's quite a difference.  What did you do?"

"I got a Leica!" Rosco said assertedly.

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did!  Well ... the next best thing in any case..."

"What next best thing can there be?"

"DxO"

"The program you downloaded for free last week?"

 thump thump thump thump thump

"It did the one onthe right?"

"It did both of them," Rosco said mischievously.

"Well, I was trying out DxO 8 and did my usual fiddlings with the raw file..."

"...and?"

"And that's when I came up with the one on the left.  The jpg was awful in comparison...."   

"Yeah... they look good until you see the raw better..."

"Bones are best raw,"  Rosco said with the air of a connoiseur.

"And so...?"

"And so I was just about to post the one on the left when another doggie I chat with told me about the "camera" adjustments.    You can adjust the picture to make it like it would be shot if you used any of a bunch of different camera models... Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Fuji....and of course LEICA....  so I pushed the button until it came up with Leica M9, and the one on the right is what I got!"

"Wow... that's neat!"


 thump thump thump thump thump

"I had to readjust the shadows a bit on the quick rather than go in and redo the whole thing," Rosco said,  but now I have  a Leica!"


wooofah-wooofah-wooofah-wooofah......


 

No comments:

Post a Comment